How do people know type they have?
- This is just an outline, at the moment he believes that I have relapsing/remitting MS
Walking is becoming more and more difficult, is there something I can do to stop it getting worse?
- There is nothing directly you can do other than steroids, going to the physio will help.
If I took the meds would I have to take them all the time or could I only take them when I am relapsing?
- Yes I could take steroids to get over the relapse, I could take other meds to ease some symptoms but the long term affects are not known.
What can I do to prevent the pain?
- Rest, listen to my body
What causes the electric shock feelings I am experiencing?
- The reason for the electric shocks is the messages from my brain are being interupted my brain then sends pain signals to alert my body there is something wrong.
Is there anyway to preempt where it will strike next?
- Listen to your body but NOPE.
Is it true that 1 in 3 people whose legs are affected end up being severely impaired but the disease?
- MS affects everyone differently and recording stats like these are near on impossible, don't believe what you read
You said that 40% live normal lives with MS what happens to the other 60%?
- MS causes disability in a proportion of suffers and not in others, it is unpredictable
Please can you take me on as an NHS patient? Definately, need to be referred by my doc (got an appointment on Friday, thought he would say that) I would like a Lumber Puncture to just have some more evidence for myself, would you do that for me?
- Completely understood why I wanted this, said it is always good to doubt and to gather all the jigsaw pieces to get it straight in my head.
When I am exhausted I get the horrible feeling I am being lazy, is that natural, it gets me down.
- Only I can tell if I am being lazy but the exhaustion IS real, it is not in my mind but is in my head. There is no harm in pushing myself, it won't cause anymore damage but there is also nothing wrong with taking some time and living within my own limitations.